San Francisco is one of my most favorite cities in the entire world, so I wanted to share a few of the places my husband and I went on our quick overnighter not too long ago! My saint of a mama was in town to watch our little man for the night so we could sneak away for an early Valentines Day celebration. She’s the best! It was our first night away from him and I won’t lie it was REALLY needed, but so hard. Kai is a
little HUGE mama’s boy so he isn’t a fan of being without me. Luckily my mom is the best babysitting in the world and took amazing care of our cute babe.
For our little trip we decided to stay away from the more touristy places we usually check out and live like locals for the night. We found some really fun spots that you need to visit if you ever make your way to SF. Here is a list of some of the joints we checked out.
- Motel Capri: This was our second time staying here and we love it! It is in the perfect location, the rooms are nice and clean, and it is super AFFORDABLE!
- Taqueria Zorro: We kind of stumbled upon this Mexican restaurant walking around. It is a bit of a hole in the wall, but had THE BEST quesadilla I’ve ever had! It was so yummy
- Bob’s Donuts: Another dive, but so yummy! They had a line out the door at 8pm and someone in line said it only gets longer as the night goes on. They claim to have the best crumb donuts in the world and I can’t say I disagree!
- Harper & Rye: This bar was seriously bumpin’! It was absolutely packed wall to wall and had a ton of young lively people. We met a few friends and had a couple drinks before calling it a night at 10:30pm lol. We’re officially old boring parents I’m pretty sure!
As far as getting around San Francisco goes, UBER is the way to go! We walked and did Uber ride share the whole trip and it was amazing. We love meeting and chatting with other people so ride share was a lot of fun and only added a minute or two onto each trip. Totally recommend!
There were a few places I’ve heard amazing things about and didn’t get to check out this trip so I’ll list our SF to-do list below.
Still need to get to:
- Sweet Green
- Pressed Jucicery
- Bourbon and Branch – you need reservations for this one
- Muir Woods
- Mr. Holmes Bakery
Have an amazing day!